News from the Stables
In response to the government’s announcement regarding 19th July relaxation of restrictions.
Firstly, thank you to everyone who replied to my email and online posts, I had over fifty responses.
The majority of the feedback was supportive of the protective measures the theatre has taken during reopening and the vast majority of our audience are still in favour of a certain amount of social distancing at the theatre.
The Council at the Stables Theatre are aware that Government is now passing protective responsibility to the individual That said it is important that the Stables has guidelines in place to demonstrate the environment it wishes to create for its volunteers and audience.
Current restrictions will remain in place up to and including Sunday 18th July.
From Monday 19th July the following measures will be operating in the theatre.
• We very much hope that, out of respect for everyone attending and working in the theatre, audience members will wear masks when moving around the building. We understand that this is not mandatory and that there will be people who are exempt.
• Masks can be taken off when sitting in the bar or in theatre.
• Social distancing will be maintained in the theatre – seats will still be sold in singles and doubles
• We will continue with table service in the bar.
• Booking will still need to be made by phone.
• These protective measures will be reviewed again at the end of August.
There were a number of comments/ questions on people’s feedback emails that I think others would be interested in our response.
• The theatre does not have air conditioning, so will not be a risk.
• NHS QR code has been in place at the theatre since December 2020
• We cannot insist that audience members are vaccinated
• The theatre has no political allegiance and we are not an enforcement agency
• We will also be supportive of anyone who wishes to wear their mask throughout their whole visit to the stables Theatre.
‘ I would like to pass on my thanks to everyone, Flanders and Swann was my first trip out in sixteen months – I appreciated everything done by the Theatre and FOH staff’
We would like thank you for your continued support of the Stables Theatre during this period